Bond County Community Unit #2 Acceptable Use Policy / CIPA ComplianceThis policy covers the use of three basic levels of network technology use. The Local Area Network (LAN) which consists of all networked computers within Bond County Community Unit #2 Schools (BCCU#2), the Wide Area Network (WAN) which consists of the network that connects the various educational centers of the district, and the Internet (World Wide Web). Within each of these networks, all hardware, software, and related peripherals used in connecting to or as a part of the network are included in this policy. In addition, all computers owned or leased by BCCU#2 shall be included under this policy.
The district’s network and Internet resources support the schools’ curriculum, the Illinois Learning Standards, and also supports and enhances innovative instruction and educational excellence. The Bond County Community Unit #2 will make every effort to protect students and staff from any misuses or abuses of the Network services. All users must be continuously on guard to avoid inappropriate and illegal interaction with the resources of the district Network.
Tech Help Desk for Staff
(If using the link below, please note that to have it and other email weblinks work with your GMail, please download from the Google Web Store "Mailto: for Gmail" Chrome Extension. Options- domain bccu2.org and open new window.)
Acceptable Use Policies
Technology Tutorials for Staff
1. District staff sign an Acceptable Use Policy agreement before any use of the Network annually. Students and parents/guardians also sign an Acceptable Use Policy agreement annually. Signature sheets are kept on record.
2. Bond County Community Unit #2 provides filtering services and fire walls on the Network to protect students and the Network from misuse.
3. Students and staff login with a private and unique user name and password when using the Network and accessing the Internet.
4. Teachers supervise students when students are accessing/creating electronic information.
5. Students and staff receive training in cyber safety and acceptable use.